Wallpapered Ltd. take your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. In this privacy notice, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Wallpapered Ltd.
This privacy notice aims to inform you about how we collect and process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and how we use this information.
What information do we collect?
When you register for an account on our website, place an order on our website, or complete a contact form (including newsletter signup), we may collect and use personal data about you. This data may include information such as:
- first name, last name and title
- billing address and delivery address
- email address and telephone number
- IP address, browser type and version
- time zone setting and location
- browser types and versions
- operating system and platform
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal, Klarna or Stripe. Sensitive data in relation to payment processing and other financial data are handled by third party services Paypal, Stripe and Klarna. Wallpapered Ltd. do not hold or store any financial or payment information.
Wallpapered Ltd. are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We undertake reasonable precautions required by data privacy law and follow industry best practice to make sure your data is not appropriately lost, misused, disclosed, accessed, altered or destroyed.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
How do we use the information we collect?
- personalisation of content and/or user experience
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Wallpapered Ltd. retain data for limited period of time and no longer than reasonably necessary. We keep your personal information only for as long as required by us to provide you with the services you have requested and to comply with other law including for the period demanded by our tax authorities.
We hold all your information until you no longer hold an account with us or until you specify that you no longer want us to hear from us.
Generally, if you are an inactive customer we will remove your account after 18 months.
How do we get your consent?
When you provide us with personal information to place an order, complete a transaction, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting your personal information in order to carry out the contractual obligation to carry out the service.
For secondary purposes such as marketing, we will directly ask for your affirmative consent or provide you with an opportunity to decline.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you can withdraw your consent for us to contact you – for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information; or to fully delete you from our records at anytime, by contacting us or clicking an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our newsletter emails.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use our website
- to keep you signed in our site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- to record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
Our use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve you an advert for our products or services when you visit other websites.
Age of Consent
We do not knowingly or intentionally sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent
Data processed outside the European Union
Our website is hosted in England, UK. Please note that we may also use outsourced services and software based in countries outside the European Union. Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union. Eg. some of the software our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America and so your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider is located.
We use safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union such as:
- the data protection clauses in our contracts with data processors include transfer clauses written by or approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union
- adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries are approved as privacy-safe by the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses.
- the recipient of the personal information in the USA has certified they comply with the Privacy Shield rules to protect personal information
Third Party Services
Wallpapered Ltd. will not disclose any of your personal information to any third parties except in a situation where it is part of providing a service to you. This includes arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out security checks and for the purposes of customer research or when you have given us permission to do so.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
Stripe – https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
Mailchimp – https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
Google Analytics – https://policies.google.com/privacy
Twitter – https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Access and Control over your Personal Information
If you wish to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, or remove personally identifiable information from our website, you should contact us to make your request.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone number: +44 (0) 1948 302045
- By post: Wallpapered Ltd. Studio 10, Carliol Studios 5th Floor, Siemens House, Carliol Square, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 6UF